Why Babilon Language School?
- All applicants are provided with free written and spoken placement tests.
- We don’t run masses of courses with groups stuffed full of students. We clarify the needs and aims of each individual learner in person.
- When organising groups, we don’t just take into account the level, but also consider the aims, requirements and age of students to ensure that each group can work together as effectively as possible.
- We don’t recommend seemingly endless 100 lesson courses, as we know that the progress of students is affected by a variety of factors. We therefore prefer to concentrate on giving regular feedback and suggestions to our students as courses progress.
- We give a 10% discount from general courses to our current and previous students.
- Courses are organised and start up at any time. Courses start as soon as there are enough applicants at the same level and schedule with the same language learning goals.
- Courses that focus on spoken communciation in 5 languages: English, French, German, Hungarian and Spanish. Other languages available upon request.
- We have native speaking teachers too, and all our teachers are highly qualified and experienced.
- We are recognised as a quality language school by NYESZE, the Association of Hungarian Language Schools. We also provide licensed courses with adult education contracts.
- It is possible pay in installments for general courses.
- All of this can be found in the very heart of the city, at Astoria.
Babilon was founded in 1983, making us one of the oldest private language schools in Hungary. The school focused on teaching English, German and Hungarian.
The school soon became noted for the workshops it ran for teachers from other schools and institutions. We invited guest presenters from abroad, and many people came from all over Hungary to attend talks and workshops lasting over several days. Thus Babilon became a source of professional inspiration and something of a spiritual home for other teachers.
Many of the teachers who originally taught for us in the beginning now teach at universities and colleges.
The founders of Babilon took part in the creation of the Association of Hungarian Language Schools (NYESZE) and the quality assurance system.
Up-to-date materials, modern methodology
We feel it is essential that teachers continue to develop professionally. Our recruitment policy helps us to identify those teachers for whom it is natural to follow new trends in teaching, discover new teaching materials and participate in learning forums. We support teachers in this by organising regular in-house workshops, participation in off-site training and conferences, and lesson observations.
Our students can be certain that our teachers are informed about the latest developments in teaching, and that these will be used in the most effective way during classes.
Feedback from a student
“I’ve been studying at Babilon for two years now. Almost every single day someone in the city centre presses a leaflet into my hand about language schools, each better than the last, advertising very good prices and courses.
Never once has it occurred to me that I should look for another language school. Why?
Babilon is pleasant, with a convivial atmosphere and we can study with native speakers. Starting times are flexible, almost everyone can find a course with a schedule that suits them.
Quite simply, I feel like a member of the family at Babilon. I don’t know what it would be like if I didn’t come here. I’d probably find it hard to bear …
What’s more, a friendly sense of community also develops between students here.
I can recommend this language school to everyone.”