„Playful Music – Musical Play”: Experiential Pedagogy in Singing and Music Teaching
The „Playful Music – Musical Play” course is a comprehensive exploration of innovative and experiential pedagogical approaches in singing and music teaching, designed for educators, music teachers passionate about fostering a love for music.
This course introduces the foundation for understanding the symbiotic relationship between music and well-being. Participants will engage in activities that combine physical fitness with rhythmic and melodic elements, promoting a harmonious connection between body and mind. Participants will develop their rhythmic skills, experience the physical and mental synchrony achieved through rhythmic exploration, unlock their creativity as they delve into the basics of music composition.Vocal warm-ups and guided singing sessions will provide a means of expression, breath control, and a deeper connection between the mind and body, the therapeutic aspects of singing.
Experiential Pedagogy in Singing and Music Teaching” is multifaceted, aiming to enrich music educators and instructors with innovative strategies that go beyond traditional teaching methods.
- Foster Joy and Engagement: To infuse joy and enthusiasm into music education by incorporating playful elements.
- Explore Experiential Pedagogy: By incorporating experiential methods, educators can create a more immersive and impactful learning environment.
- Enhance Vocal and Musical Skills: Incorporating playful vocal warm-ups, singing games, and improvisation not only makes learning enjoyable but also enhances vocal and musical skills.
- Integrate Technology in Music Education: To equip educators with the knowledge of integrating technology for enhanced musical experiences.
- Emphasize Movement and Collaborative Music Making: To explore the connection between movement, collaboration, and musical expression.
- Promote Inclusive Teaching Practices: Recognizing and accommodating diverse learning styles ensures that music education is accessible and meaningful for all students, fostering a sense of belonging in the music classroom.
„Playful Music – Musical Play: Experiential Pedagogy in Singing and Music Teaching” are designed to achieve a comprehensive and transformative impact on participants’ teaching practices, as:
- Understand Experiential Learning Principles
- Explore the Role of Play in Music Education
- Enhance Vocal Development Through Play
- Explore Movement and its Connection to Musical Expression
- Promote Collaborative Music Making Promote Inclusive Teaching Practices
This training program aims to empower music educators with the knowledge, skills, and inspiration to create a vibrant and engaging learning environment through the integration of playful elements into their teaching practices, instilling a Lifelong Love for Music. Musical goals of the training:
- Enhancing Vocal Skills and Expression
- Fostering Creativity in Musical Expression
- Exploring the Relationship Between Movement and Musicality
- Cultivating Collaborative Music Making
- Encouraging Reflective Musical Practice
All specialized teachers and music teachers in primary and secondary education.
|Introduction – group games, presentations of the participants’ institutions
|The Role of Play in Music Education
|Singing Games and Improvisation
|Movement and Collaborative Music Making
|Interactive Technology Applications/Integration with Other Arts
|Presentation of a personal mini research project to peers following the SPRE stages at the on-site dissemination
|Understanding Experiential Learning
|Psychological and educational benefits of play in the music learning process
|Improving pitch accuracy, expressiveness, and improvisation skills in singing
|Incorporate movement into music lessons
|Music apps, tools, and digital recording for enhancing the experiential aspect of music lessons
|Examine case studies illustrating experiential pedagogy
|Creative Vocal Warm-Ups
|Collaborative exploration of innovative techniques
|Emphasizing group singing and ensemble play
|Explore connections between music and visual arts
|Reflect on the key takeaways from the training
|Group Singing activities
|Introduce elements of musical improvisation
|Integrate body percussion into music lessons
|Incorporate elements of theater and drama into musical activities
|Discuss strategies for implementing playful and experiential pedagogy in participants’ unique teaching
|Incorporate ensemble play/teamwork
|Songwriting: self express, exploring musical structures
|Storytelling Through Music
|Design Your Playful Lesson
|Provide resources and support for ongoing professional development
|English B1 and above*
|9 AM to 2:30 PM daily (extracurricular activities outside of learning activities).
|29 July – 3 August, 2024 (6 days, 30 lessons)
|€510, including extracurricular cultural activities and welcome dinner
*The language of the course is English, linguistic aid may be provided for speakers of Hungarian with lower language abilities
The course complies with all rules as set in the Quality Standards of the Erasmus+ program. Extracurricular activities are in addition to the lessons, and study groups are international. Note: should the latter condition not be met, participants will be informed 40 days in advance.
Payment facilities: participants with funding from the actual year’s project budget may ask to request a deposit of EUR 100 to guarantee their places on the course and pay the rest of the fees later.
It is possible to take part in 2 consecutive courses, please book both separately. A price reduction of 15% will be applied.